I just love the colors of Fall. The trees look so beautiful at this time of year. I wanted the focus of the card to be on the colorful leaves so I made the background and tree the same color, just giving the tree a little dimension by stacking die cuts.
Making the Card
1. Cut kraft cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half to form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
2. Die cut 3 trees from kraft cardstock. Adhere these together to form a thick stack. Adhere to card base as shown.
3. Die cut a set of leaves from the following colors of cardstock: green, yellow, yellow/orange, orange, red. Ink edges with various colors of Distress Ink using an ink blending tool.
4. Shape each leaf over foam pad using ball stylus. Use pointy end of leaf tool or die pick to draw a line down the middle of each leaf.
5. Stamp sentiment in black (e.g. VersaFine Onyx Black). Adhere leaves to tree, a few at the base of the tree, and in a swirly pattern as shown.
- Paper Smooches Die: Fall Tree
- Paper Smooches Stamps: Fall Sampler
- Distress Inks: Walnut Stain, Aged Mahogany, Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Fossilized Amber, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
- Ink Blending Tool
- Foam Pad (or Rubber Mouse Pad)
- Ball Stylus, Die Pick or Leaf Tool
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.